Precautions We Are Taking
The health and safety of our patients, communities and staff are of primary importance here at Prenuvo. During this period we are taking enhanced precautions to minimize the likelihood of transmission of this illness.
Key precautions we are taking to minimize risk and exposure include:
- You will not interact with other patients during your visit. Patients are staggered so that you will not overlap with others, minimizing your exposure.
- We do not scan people who are sick or high risk. We are not scanning any patients who have recently returned from regions with high-numbers of COVID-19 infections. We do not scan anyone who is feeling unwell or who presents with any flu-like symptoms.
- You will only interact with two staff-members who will wear masks. During your scan you will only interact with one receptionist and one MRI technician both of whom are given a health check before their shift. All non-essential Prenuvo staff are working from home during this period.
- We clean everything constantly. All high contact surfaces and the MRI machine are sanitised on an hourly basis using disposable disinfectant wipes. Patients are required to use an alcohol based hand-sanitizer upon arrival.
Why get scanned during the COVID-19 outbreak?
It is hard to escape news of the coronavirus and the effect it is having on our community. Lost somewhat in the news are three facts:
- That the overall death rate is quite low (settling around 1% at the moment)
- That variants of the virus will likely circulate for some time before they are fully under control.
- That almost everyone who died had “co-morbities”. That is, they had other serious underlying health conditions.
These co-morbidities are important because they tax the ability of the body to fight the illness. For example, in Wuhan patients with cancer had a 7.8% death rate, significantly higher than the average.
So now might be the right time to do a preventative health checkup to ensure that any underlying disease is diagnosed and treated so that your body and your immune system are in the best condition they can be. This should positively affect you ability to overcome the infection should you get.
A Prenuvo scan, together with a preventative health checkup with your primary physician is highly recommended.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team on +1 604-227-3000.
Download our free e-book
Learn about why we
are failing to diagnose cancer and disease early, and how preventative
screening can help